Carpentries style materials
Here are a collection of Carpentries style lessons. These are not part of the official carpentries curriculum,
but are a good source of inspiration whenever you need them. Remember to acknowledge the authors according to their license.
Would be awesome if you could add examples! please contact me for questions.
If you want your lessons to be part of the Carpentries curriculum you can propose them to
The Carpentries Incubator:
The Incubator will serve as a single point of entry for lessons or ideas at any stage in the development process. Some of the lessons here are transitioning to the incubator.
R Genetics and Genomics
- Quantitative Trait Mapping https://smcclatchy.github.io/mapping/.
This lesson introduces genetic mapping using qtl2, a R package for analyzing quantitative phenotypes and genetic data from complex crosses like the Diversity Outbred (DO).
Machine Learning with Python
Git - Version Control
- Customised from git - https://uw-madison-datascience.github.io/git-novice-custom/ - Teaches branches and pull requests
- CodeRefinery git intro https://coderefinery.github.io/git-intro/ - Guacamole example
- Collaborative distributed version control https://coderefinery.github.io/git-collaborative/ - Working with remotes, pull requests, and code review
- Git branch design https://coderefinery.github.io/git-branch-design/ - Rebase vs. merge, avoiding conflicts, branching models
- Git - Github - Rstudio by INBO, @Stijnvanhoey https://inbo.github.io/git-course/
- Steve Bond (Biologyguy)’s Git and Github with examples that make more sense IRL: https://biologyguy.github.io/git-novice/
Two hour edition targeted at IT pros based on this version: https://dlstrong.github.io/git-novice/. I teach
this as a full day lesson, and use a cut-down version for SWC workshops: http://gcapes.github.io/git-course. Writing a paper
as the narrative, covers branches, revert, reset, rebase, remotes, PRs.
- Modified version of git-novice that uses Git Desktop and uses editing a carpentry data file as example:
- Git SWC extended UW Madison https://uw-madison-datascience.github.io/git-novice-custom/ - Teaches branches and pull requests
- Git beyond the basics https://m4rkd.github.io/git-beyond-the-basics/
- Introduction to Git and GitHub https://elizabeth-dupre.com/git-course/ (forked from gcapes/git-course)
- Git Intro https://csiro-data-school.github.io/git-intro by CSIRO data school
- Git continued https://csiro-data-school.github.io/git-continued/ by CSIRO data school
- SQL for Business https://data-lessons.github.io/SQL-business This lesson will teach you what relational databases are,
how you can load data into them and how you can query databases to extract just the information that you need.
Docker / Singularity - Containers
HPC - High Performance Computing
Common Workflow Language (CWL)
- Common Workflow Language User Guide Using The Carpentries style version 9.5.3.
GAP - computational algebra
Open Source Software